The Pit Boss Smoke IT app makes it so easy to monitor the grill temperature while you’re watching the big game. Like any app, it has been known to have several bugs. Let’s take a look at the most common bugs and fixes to get the app synced and working with the grill.
11 Reasons The Smoke IT App Is Not Working
#1 Won’t Connect to WiFi
One of the biggest issues I faced when I first installed the app is not being able to connect to the Internet. When I was finally able to connect to WiFi, I would automatically lose the connection.
Others have complained of issues of seeing a “Firm Update Needed” message when installing the app on the Samsung Note 8.
If you’re having trouble connecting to the WiFi, unplug the router and wait until it resets. While it’s resetting, log out of the app and turn off the grill.
Then log back into the app, turn on the grill and try connecting to the Internet. Once it’s connected, it should have no problem finding your grill, making it easy to control via the app.
If this doesn’t solve the issue, then reach out to the
#2 The App Drains the Battery
All apps drain the phone battery, some will use the battery power more than others. I’ve personally noticed that the SMOKE IT app does use a lot of battery power, and here’s what I’ve found that helps me.
First, ensure the battery is charged the night before you use the app. This will ensure the battery will last through the entire cook without having to charge it.
Keep the phone in sleep mode and only open the app when you want to check the temperature. The app will continue to work in the background, so you won’t have to worry about reconnecting every time you open it up.
#3 Can’t Connect to Bluetooth
Some users have complained of the Bluetooth connection not working properly. The app doesn’t automatically connect or won’t stay connected.
- Ensure Bluetooth is set to the “On” position on your phone.
- Make sure you’re close enough to the grill for it to connect to the phone.
- Try powering off your phone and reconnecting.
- If that doesn’t work, then connect via Wi-Fi, as it’s usually a stronger connection.
#4 App Is Not Updating Properly
The developer is constantly trying to improve the app, therefore, will send notifications when there’s an update available. Since I’ve owned the app, I’ve only experienced one update, so it isn’t updated very often.
- Turn on the notifications so you’re notified a new update is available. Go to Apps >>SMOKE IT>> Notifications and enable notifications.
- Confirm your phone has enough storage space, otherwise, the phone won’t support the download.
- Ensure the SMOKE IT server is working properly, as well as your Internet, otherwise, you won’t be able to perform any updates.
#5 Color Mode on the App
Some iPhone users complained that the app would crash when using the light mode on the app.
Go to Display & Brightness on your phone and under appearance you can select between light and dark mode. Once you’re done using the app, you can switch back to your preference.
#6 Trouble Logging In
Many people (myself included) have faced issues logging into their SMOKE IT account, especially, after the latest update. You have to be logged in to the app for it to work.
- Ensure you have the correct login credentials.
- The SMOKE IT server may be down causing the login issues. Give it a few minutes before trying again.
- Make sure your WiFi / mobile data is working properly.
#7 Can’t Change the Grill Temperature
Another complaint is that the SMOKE IT app won’t change the temperature on the grill. Some Android users have said that the app changes the grill to 500°F when adjusting the temperature from the app.
Don’t rely 100% on the app. Unfortunately, nothing is perfect and that goes for the SMOKE IT app. Whenever making temperature changes from the app, take the time to check the grill.
I know this defeats the purpose of having a Wi-Fi controller. But it’s better than having your food burn because it’s too bad, or worst case the Pit Boss grill catching fire.
#8 Continuously Spinning and Crashing Issues
Many people, myself included have faced the dreaded spinning issues that cause the app to crash.
- Check your Wi-Fi settings to make sure everything is connected properly.
- The SMOKE IT server may be down, so give it a few minutes before trying again.
- Turn off the phone and try it again. Sometimes, phones act up and turning it off and on can fix these types of errors.
#9 Disconnect Issues When the App Goes to Sleep
Some people have complained of issues of the app disconnecting when the phone screen goes to sleep. They see a “no connection” message on the app, forcing them to log in and select their grill before they can begin using it again.
Make sure you stay logged into the app, at all times while using the app. Don’t close the app when the screen goes to sleep. That way, when you bring the phone out of sleep, the SMOKE IT app is open and you won’t have to log back in.
#10 Blank Screen On Android
One of the most common problems with android users is seeing a black screen for a few seconds when opening the app before it crashes without any errors.
When this happens, try pressing the recent applications menu (usually the first left button) on the phone. Then close the app, and open it again.
If it still isn’t working properly, do a reboot or hard shut down on your mobile phone.
Press and hold your Androids device’s power button and the volume down key for 5 seconds or until the screen shuts down. When you see the screen light up again, release the button. If you’re having trouble shutting down your phone, read this article.
#11 No Audible Alarm
This is one of the biggest complaints in the Pit Boss smoking community forums. The new update sends you a notification that the grill has reached the set temperature, but there is no sound when you set an alarm on the app.
- Turn up the volume on your phone, to make sure you hear the notifications.
- Both Android and IOS users have an alarm that can be used as a timer, stopwatch, and to check the time around the world. Use the feature on your phone to remind you to check your food.
- You can even use the alarm feature on the kitchen stove or microwave.
No app is perfect, but the developers are constantly making improvements to improve the user experience. Both Android and IOS users have faced problems, but these were the most common complaints users experienced regardless of the phone being used.
If you’re having issues with the app, hopefully, these tips will help you get it working again.
I personally love using the SMOKE IT app and share my experience of installing it on the Pit Boss Pro Series 820.
It makes it much easier for me to monitor the temperature of the grill without having to open/close the lid.
However, you never want to rely 100% on the app. Always check your food with a thermometer to make sure it’s cooked properly!